Sunday, December 15, 2013

Time

As a traveller, International disasters always seem to get my attention. They occur in places I have been or could visit. After the typhoon in the Philippines on the 8th of November, I thought I should help out. Since I left my job in Hawaii in July, my "underemployed" income doesn't provide me with the ability to contribute much money, but I do have TIME to give right now. I started researching organizations that I could volunteer with (it is really difficult to to find an organization that will take volunteers on short notice).

Remembering that my friends, Dave and Chelsea, had volunteered in Haiti, and with some added initiative from them, I found the All Hands.

I was accepted into their organization today and I will put my business on hold for a month in February and March 2014 to give my time. Looking into 2014, I am excited to be able to contribute to Project Leyte in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

List of Personal Trip Expenses (USD)

  • Airfare DEN-CEB-DEN, $61 (+ FF miles)
  • Transportation in Philippines, $50
  • Hotel for Overnight in Hong Kong, $174
  • Work Socks (1 pair gift), $15 (extra 1-2 pair)
  • x - Granola Bars (cash gift)
  • x - Gatorade + EmergenC (cash gift)
  • x - Work Gloves (wishlist & cash gift)
  • x - Immunization for Typhoid (cash gift)
  • x - Three nights in Cebu (cash gift)
  • x - Mosquito Repellent (wishlist & cash gift)
  • x - Mandatory Travel Insurance (cash gift)
  • x - Dust Masks (wishlist gift)
  • x - Mosquito Net (wishlist gift)
  • x - Rain Boots (wishlist gift)
  • x - Bed Sheets (cash gift)
  • x - Work Boots (borrow/gift)
  • x - Secondhand Work Tshirts + Pants (gift)
  • x - Extended Philippines Visa (cash gift)
  • x - Safety Glasses (wishlist gift)
  • x - Sun Hat (wishlist gift)
  • x - Medical Kit (wishlist gift)

Contact Andrea

Name

Email *

Message *